From Bhopal to Rana Plaza : The day After Outcomes of 30 years of campaigns for human rights and environmental protection in global supply chains
Call for Papers – Special Issue
‘From Bhopal to Rana Plaza : The day After. Outcomes of 30 years of campaigns for human rights and environmental protection in global supply chains’
We would like to draw your attention to a call for papers for a special issue of Society and Business Review (Emerald) entitled ‘From Bhopal to Rana Plaza: The day After. Outcomes of 30 years of campaigns for human rights and environmental protection in global supply chains’. The guest editors are Malik BOZZO-REY, Assistant Professor in Economic Ethics and Philosophy of Management, Lille Catholic University and Guillaume DELALIEUX, Associate Professor in Management, Sciences Po Lille.
Authors intending to submit papers to this special issue are encouraged to focus on the following issues:
- CSR governmentality
- CSR as a passive revolution or a reversal of hegemonic order
- CSR as a counter balancing low cost logic induced by globalization
- CSR as an effective mean of preventing / tackling corruption
- Social auditing and organizational hypocrisy, decoupling practices, modern pharmakoi
- CSR, labor unions and social movements
This Special Issue welcomes interdisciplinary approaches and contributions combining perspectives from:
- political scientists, on CSR and corporate Political Action or CSR and social movements struggling for human rights at work
- philosophers, on theories of justice, governmentality
- legal scholars, on soft-law / hard law analysis
- management scholars, on organization theory perspectives of CSR practices and theoretical contributions based on empirical examination
- economists, on the impacts of CSR practices regarding development issues
Deadline for papers submission: 1st July 2017.
Please also note that there will be a pre-submission paper development workshop at the annual symposium of the Society and Business Review held at CNAM in Paris, next 6th March 2017 for interested authors. The deadline for papers proposals (up to 2 pages) for the symposium is next 15th September 2016.
For further information on the SI, please contact the guest editors of the special issue
Malik Bozzo-Rey, email@example.com
Guillaume Delalieux , firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the symposium; please contact
Yoann BAZIN, co-editor of SBR, email@example.com